Image Source: Martha Stewart
The holidays are around the corner and there’s going to be wine everywhere! This little project is fun to make with family as a fun holiday project but also good enough to be at our party!
- Publish template and then cut out template contours.
- Tape templates to sensed with double-sided tape; follow and cut shapes out of felt. When trimming reindeer antlers, fold sensed in half and glue with fabric glue.
- Trace and cut on the antler contours, putting the dotted line on the fold.
- Apply glue to underside of ear contours; pinch together and maintain till set. (Hint: Use a binder clip as a “clamp” to maintain felt while glue dries.)
- Insert ears in to vertical slits in head; insert antlers into horizontal slits. Apply glue on the back side of head part to fasten ears and antlers.
- Run a line of glue along border of head contour where noticeable; attach to adjoining border to make cone. Apply glue to underside tip of cone and then fold to make nose.
- Run a line of glue along the border of the neck contour where indicated, and attach to reverse straight edge to make an open cone.
- To attach head, line up top corner tip of mind with seam on your neck. Apply paste, hold to place. Twist down head in a 90-degree angle; employ paste on top border of neck, and press together.
- If desired, cut a 1/2-inch strip out of knee and felt both ends with scissors to create a scarf. Tie scarf round reindeer’s neck.
- Apply glue to a straight edge of every tree “layer;” attach to reverse straight edge to produce cones.
- Stack the tiers, adhering each into another with dabs of adhesive, in sequence; grade 2 extends together with tier 1, tier 3 along with grade 2
- Apply glue to a straight edge of the Santa hat silhouette; attach to reverse straight edge to create a cone.
- Paste hat brim around bottom of cone. Twist face bit through beard so that the nose dries through; secure set up on the buttocks together with adhesive. Glue beard and head to the interior of this hat (the side opposite the seam).
- Twist top of zipper cone into both sides and glue in place. Cut a small circle from white felt and paste to tip of coat.